In recent months matters regarding hygiene ratings and allergen management have made headlines. With consumer awareness on the increase and recent fatalities involving allergens, the need for superior food standards has never been more important.
A well known coffee shop on Gentleman’s Walk, Norwich was given a Hygiene rating of 1 by food hygiene officers from Norwich City Council in December 2018.
Inspectors said there was “poor” cleaning and sanitation, and said items including shelving, fridge shelves and a rear wall which had cobwebs were in need of cleaning. Issues regarding temperature control monitoring were also raised as a priority.
According to the FSA, mandatory display and declaration of food hygiene ratings in England should be implemented within two years. Display of Hygiene ratings is already mandatory in Wales and Northern Ireland.
Key fundamental areas that the EHO focuses on when conducting food hygiene inspections include:
- a managed approach to pest control,
- authenticity of due diligence monitoring system,
- prevention of cross contamination and
- levels of personal hygiene.
At CSC we want our all of our clients to be able to obtain and maintain a rating of ‘5’.
To ensure that your organisation does not face prosecution, ensure that you maintain high standards and good levels of staff training. If you need advice, help, training or just clarification please feel free to contact us.
Here are some tips on how CSC can help protect you and your customers:
- We develop comprehensive food safety management systems with our clients, ensuring that all legislative requirements are met.
- Compiling company policies which covers personal hygiene, food handler’s declarations and return to work protocols following illness.
- Our consultative approach enables effective ‘on the job’ training with members of the kitchen where ownership of internal due diligence systems is made a priority.
- We pride ourselves on providing superior third party food hygiene audits and devising achievable action plans for our client base to ensure that legal compliance is met.
- Bespoke support is also provided for alleged food poisoning investigations and improvements which need to be made following visits from local authority.
- At CSC, our highly experienced food safety team carry out bespoke food safety training sessions with management and kitchen staff covering all legal requirements from HACCP to adopting a managed approach to pest control.
- We provide Level 2, 3 and 4 food safety courses via a mixture of on and offline courses.
Contact us for help or advice