Category - CSC Latest News

25
Jan

Guidance for reheating foods safely

Reheating food is considered a good way of reducing waste and expenditure, but inefficient reheating can be dangerous. Food poisoning affects around a million people each year in the UK, and roughly 100 people will suffer the consequences so severely they die from it. The largest cause of food poisoning is the bacteria called Campylobacter …

27
Oct

Firework Safety

With Guy Fawkes night approaching on 5th November, lots of fireworks, beautiful displays and bonfire fun are expected to be had.  When it comes to fire, it can easily become dangerous so we’ve compiled some top tips for a safe bonfire night to help you and your guests enjoy the fireworks. The Facts: At private …

3
Jul

An accident waiting to happen?……….Crushed by mirror not Secured

In June 2015, Oxford crown court, further  postponed sentencing until September after an international retail chain pleaded guilty to two H&S offences, at Magistrates court earlier in the month. These offences  directly led to a 4 year old boy being crushed by a 7 foot tall mirror in a tragic incident in June 2013. Austen Harrison …

3
Jul

Gas Safety In Work and Accomodation

  Bobby and Christi Shepherd, aged six and seven, died when the odourless, tasteless, colourless Carbon monoxide gas from a faulty boiler seeped into their lungs while they were asleep at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel on a Greek island in 2006. This has recently been back in the news due to the media coverage of …

13
Mar

Window and Balcony Safety

  With the Spring now approaching and the weather warming up we provide advice on assessing window and balcony safety. Whilst it is appreciated that during the warmer months guests will want to aid ventilation and access  balconies it is important to ensure that this is achieved without compromising safety. It is imperative that as a business you make a …

13
Mar

Prison Sentence for Fabricating Food Safety Records!

A pub chef and manager have been jailed after a women who ate a Christmas meal they served died from food poisoning. Della Callagher died and 33 others fell ill after eating at the Railway Hotel in Hornchurch on Christmas day. Chef Mehmet Kaya and Ann-Marie McSweeney were found guilty of perverting the course of …

13
Mar

Hotel Prosecuted Over Double Swimming Pool Fatalities

The owners of a luxury hotel and hospitality company face a Crown Court prosecution under the health and safety laws over the death of two guests in the hotels swimming pool in 2013. The company that own the hotel and the management company are each accused of the same two offences: The first is that they …

3
Jul

New Cloud Based Auditing Module Launched

We are delighted to announce the launch of our latest new development. Our new cloud based auditing module will be a significant new module to our complyforce offering. The new development will bring a number of benefits to our auditing service; key benefits will include: Ability for unit managers to complete audit action plans online. …

2
Jul

Allergens Labelling Guidance

There are big changes to the information that food businesses must give their customers. From 13th December 2014 the EU food information for consumers Regulation (EU FIC) comes into force and as a caterer, it will be your responsibility to give accurate allergen information to customers. Who is this guidance for? This guidance is to …

14
Mar

Norovirus Advice

Over recent weeks the CSC helpline has seen an increase in the number of calls relating to potential Norovirus incidents amongst guests and staff. The main symptoms of the Norovirus illness usually include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and some stomach cramping and last about 1 or 2 days. People can become infected with Norovirus in several …

Page 26 of 27