Category - CSC Latest News

29
Mar

Serving undercooked burgers – our advice

Recently there has been an increase in the popularity to serve burgers ‘pink’. At CSC we highly recommend that burgers are cooked thoroughly to avoid the risk of the spread of E-Coli, especially to vulnerable groups (including adults over 60, pregnant women, children and persons with immune-compromised conditions). Should our clients feel they need to fulfil this …

29
Mar

Implementation of sentencing guidelines will result in larger fines being issued for food offences

On the back of the sentencing guidelines being issued in Feb 2016, Mr Justice Holroyde, a High Court Judge and member of the Sentencing Council for England and Wales addressed the TIFSIP conference on the following points: For the first time, courts in England and Wales must now follow the sentencing council guidelines when issuing …

29
Mar

Changes to Hazardous Waste Regulations

From 1 April 2016, Hazardous Waste Regulations change in that businesses producing or holding waste would no longer need to register their premises. Duty of care requirements still remain the same with implications for clients as follows: Classify your waste Separate and store hazardous waste separately Use authorised businesses to collect and recycle hazardous waste …

25
Jan

Guidance for reheating foods safely

Reheating food is considered a good way of reducing waste and expenditure, but inefficient reheating can be dangerous. Food poisoning affects around a million people each year in the UK, and roughly 100 people will suffer the consequences so severely they die from it. The largest cause of food poisoning is the bacteria called Campylobacter …

27
Oct

Firework Safety

With Guy Fawkes night approaching on 5th November, lots of fireworks, beautiful displays and bonfire fun are expected to be had.  When it comes to fire, it can easily become dangerous so we’ve compiled some top tips for a safe bonfire night to help you and your guests enjoy the fireworks. The Facts: At private …

3
Jul

An accident waiting to happen?……….Crushed by mirror not Secured

In June 2015, Oxford crown court, further  postponed sentencing until September after an international retail chain pleaded guilty to two H&S offences, at Magistrates court earlier in the month. These offences  directly led to a 4 year old boy being crushed by a 7 foot tall mirror in a tragic incident in June 2013. Austen Harrison …

3
Jul

Gas Safety In Work and Accomodation

  Bobby and Christi Shepherd, aged six and seven, died when the odourless, tasteless, colourless Carbon monoxide gas from a faulty boiler seeped into their lungs while they were asleep at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel on a Greek island in 2006. This has recently been back in the news due to the media coverage of …

13
Mar

Window and Balcony Safety

  With the Spring now approaching and the weather warming up we provide advice on assessing window and balcony safety. Whilst it is appreciated that during the warmer months guests will want to aid ventilation and access  balconies it is important to ensure that this is achieved without compromising safety. It is imperative that as a business you make a …

13
Mar

Prison Sentence for Fabricating Food Safety Records!

A pub chef and manager have been jailed after a women who ate a Christmas meal they served died from food poisoning. Della Callagher died and 33 others fell ill after eating at the Railway Hotel in Hornchurch on Christmas day. Chef Mehmet Kaya and Ann-Marie McSweeney were found guilty of perverting the course of …

13
Mar

Hotel Prosecuted Over Double Swimming Pool Fatalities

The owners of a luxury hotel and hospitality company face a Crown Court prosecution under the health and safety laws over the death of two guests in the hotels swimming pool in 2013. The company that own the hotel and the management company are each accused of the same two offences: The first is that they …

Page 25 of 26