Archives - January 2017

19
Jan

Fatality over the festive period puts allergen awareness back into spotlight

The importance of the understanding of allergen awareness and compliance with food safety law was once again brought to the forefront after an unfortunate incident resulted in the death of a teenager over this festive period. Megan Lee from Oswaldtwistle suffered an allergic reaction when she consumed a take-away curry which resulted in her death on …

19
Jan

2.2M fine for retail giant after staff paralysed in lift malfunction

Passenger lift safety has been brought back into focus after a member of staff was left paralysed after a roller cage toppled due to the lift not opening onto a level surface. Retail giant Wilko was fined £2.2M after previous passenger lift safety failings which was highlighted during the LOLER inspection by the lift safety …